Tuesday, December 12, 2017

An Open Letter to My Family

Dearest family,

I am writing this letter to let you know how beloved you are to me.  I am overwhelmed this Christmas with a deep love and peace towards my family.  Recently, I find myself tearing up with gratitude for each of you.  I am blessed beyond measure.

Singer-songwriter Sarah McLachlan recorded the song "Fallen".  The chorus is a good description of where I was 18 months ago:

 
Though I've tried,
 
 
I've fallen.
 
 
I have sunk so low,
 
 
I've messed up,
 
 
Better I should know.....
 
 
I can only imagine how difficult it was for my family during this time, especially since I had to do all the hard work myself.  I slipped into a place of not loving myself but my family loved me through it.
 
The band Aerosmith's song "Amazing" describes where I am today:
 
 
It's amazing
 
 
With a blink of an eye, you finally see the light.
 
 
It's amazing
 
 
When the moment arrives that you know you'll be alright.
 
 
My program promises a new freedom and a new happiness if I stay spiritually fit each day.  Part of this new freedom and happiness is a deeper love and appreciation for my family.  Thank you for the support and love over the past few  years.
 
 
Love, Jennifer
 


No comments:

Post a Comment